Part 1 of 3: The Milwaukee Model of Manager Development
Tuesday, October 5, 2021 (8:00 AM - 9:00 AM) (CDT)
Key C-Suite question: What manager development programs provides the best return?
Many executives can’t define “manager” or say exactly what a manager does.
That’s why discussions about manager development are frustratingly circular. So, we’ll define terms and provide a simple model of the manager’s job, so the value of management ability is obvious and compelling.
This is #1 in our 3-part series: "3 Manager Development Tools the C-Suite Respects. Each session answers a question the CEO will ask:
- What manager development programs guarantee a return?
- How many managers will we need in five years?
- How can we manage a talent pipeline when everything changes all the time?
Each of these 3 segments has these elements:
- Introduce the small cohort
- Define terms and learn the framework
- Play with the tool
- Discuss three tough questions
- Brainstorm the C-Suite presentations
Objective: Get the C-Suite clear on what managers do and why they're valuable (and why your development plan is so important)
In collaboration with the Lubar School of Business Executive Programs and supported by Madison's chapter of the Association of Talent Development:
Derrick Van Mell
Part of a 3-part series: "3 Manager Development Tools the C-Suite Respects"